BY-LAWS OF THE DTAB:
1. The Chairman of the Board shall fix the date, time and place of every meeting of the
Board, provided that the Board shall meet at least once every calendar year.
2. The Chairman of the Board shall, when present, preside all the meetings of the Board. If
the Chairman is not present in any meeting, the members present shall select from
amongst themselves a person to preside as Chairman at such meeting.
3. Seven member of the Board present in person shall constitute a quorum.
4. (i) Not less than 35 clear days’ notice of every meeting shall be given to each member of
the Board, provided that the Chairman:-
(a) may call, after giving not less than 15 clear days’ notice to the members of the
Board, a special meeting at any time to deal with any urgent matter requiring the
attention of the Board;
(b) shall call, after giving not less than 15 clear days’ notice to the members of the
Board, a special meeting within one month of the receipts of a requisition in
writing signed by not less than seven members and stating the purpose, being a
purpose within the scope of the Board’s functions for which they desire the
meeting to be called.
(ii) The notices shall be dispatched to the latest address given to the Secretary by the
members of the Board.
5. Any member desirous of moving any resolution at a meeting of the Board shall give
notice, thereof in writing to the Secretary not less than 15 days before the date of such
meeting, provided that in the case of a special meeting the notice will not be less than 5
6. Each member of the Board shall have one vote, and if there shall be an equality of votes
on any question to be decided, the Chairman shall have a second or casting vote.
7. Any business, which it may be necessary for the Board to discuss and decide except such
as the Chairman may direct to be transacted by circulation among all members of the
Board shall be placed at a meeting of the Board. If three or more members express, in
writing, a desire that any particular subject shall be discussed at a meeting instead of
being decided by circulation it shall be placed before a meeting of the Board.
8. Any resolution or report which is circulated on the direction of the Board or by the
Chairman under Bye-Laws 7, and approved by a majority of the members signing shall be
as binding as a resolution voted in a meeting of the Board, provided that at least nine
members of the Board shall have recorded their views on the resolution in support.
9. Proceedings of each meeting, duly approved by the Chairman, shall be forwarded to the
members of the Board for their approval or comments within 35 days of the date on
which the meeting was held.
10. The quorum for a sub-committee appointed by the Board shall be determined at the time
of the appointment of the sub-committee and shall not be less than a majority of the
11. The Chairman and the Secretary of the Sub-committee shall be appointed by the Board at
the time of the appointment of the sub-committee.